Here at Norbord we know that our operations have the potential to impact upon the environment, which is why we do our very best to negate or minimize these possible effects. We always work to ensure that we meet and, if possible, exceed environmental legislative criteria.
The facts –
- We manufacture OSB, and because it’s made and sold here within the UK the result is a lower transportation carbon footprint than plywood, or other competitive imports
- Up to 80% recycled content of particleboard
- We use biomass generated energy in the MDF process
- Our OSB products that are used in the construction industry achieve an A+ rating in the BRE green guide, the highest rating possible
- All products are FSC® certified, made from sustainable timber sources
- Timber sources in most cases are the residue of good forestry practices, sawmill residue or post-consumer waste
- All Norbord manufacturing sites are certified to the coveted environmental criteria of ISO14001
- All of Norbord's wood panels can be recycled where wood recycling facilities are available
- Monitored emission controls, treated water run-off, transport optimization, proactive safety and COSHH training all aid the above in helping us keep our carbon footprint as small as possible.
These innovative actions are accompanied by initiatives such as our Better by Nature campaign, showing our commitment to new and on-going environmental wood industry related issues. As one of the largest producers of panel products in the UK we feel it is our responsibility to be at the forefront of our industry with regards to relevant environmental challenges.